[mythtv-users] DirecTV Receiver Recommendations?

Matt D. Robinson matt at aparity.com
Sat May 14 09:34:13 UTC 2005

Hi, all.  I've been using my MythTV setup off and on, but now I'm
looking for a better  DirecTV receiver.  The original one I have from
the first DirecTV installation is extremely old.  I'd like to get
something that can handle channel changer signal inputs from my
computer/PVR-350 for my U.S. (NTSC) configuration, but also be
reasonably inexpensive if possible.

The most important reason why I'm asking is because of all the ivtv
tuner= types out there.  It would be great if someone can recommend a
brand/version that matches a specific tuner type which I can cable up
and get working without a bunch of excess testing.

Any advice anyone can offer would be great.  Thanks!

--Matt