[mythtv-users] What is the correct version of Qt to use on FC3?

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu May 12 11:34:03 UTC 2005

Hi-digity-damn!!!  I just upgraded to 0.18 (atrpm's, thanks Axel ;))
and ran headlong into this problem.

The alt+enter isn't too bad for me as my frontend is my PC (sad I
know), but I didn't realise this still occured until now.  I guess I
need to do a downgrade :( unless one of the devs could shed light as
to whether this is soon to be fixed (possible in 0.18.1?).

Cheers,
Whytey

On 5/6/05, dave at theansells.com <dave at theansells.com> wrote:
> > I ran into trouble the first time I updated Qt on my fc3 box.  Mythtv
> > still has issues after downgrading with buttons not displaying
> > correctly under Qt 3.3.3-8.  I just upgraded my Qt to 3.3.4-10.0.3.kde.
> >   Seems to be acting the same with the additional requirement of using
> > ALT-ENTER to navigate setup menus.  All of the bottom buttons in the
> > setup menus are not visible and not positioned off the screen either
> > but all of the normal operating menus are fine.  I know how to get
> > around in the menus fine, its just concerns me knowing something isn't
> > quite right with my system and if it could cause other issues.
> >
> > Is this just an issue with new versions of Qt on FC3 or is something
> > configured incorrectly?
> >
> > Jarod's guide doesn't mention using a specific version of Qt and if you
> > follow the instructions you'll get the latest version of Qt.  I
> > couldn't find anything in the archives other than a few entries,
> > including my own, about downgrading that were over a month old and a
> > couple about a fix for time zone offset I think.
> >
> > Sorry if this has been asked and answered, just point me to the answer.
> >   My searching skills are usually very keen, but nothing useful for this
> > issue yet.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Vinton
> >

> I have the same problem.  I know the workaround is to downgrade Qt or use
> Alt-Enter, but both of these are not propper fixes and besides I can't do
> Alt-Enter on my remote and my frontend hasnt got a keyboard :-(
>
> Anyone know when Myth will be fixed properly to work with the latest Qt
> (or vice-versa I guess)?

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.