[mythtv-users] What is the correct version of Qt to use on FC3?

dave at theansells.com dave at theansells.com
Thu May 5 16:01:17 UTC 2005

> I ran into trouble the first time I updated Qt on my fc3 box.  Mythtv
> still has issues after downgrading with buttons not displaying
> correctly under Qt 3.3.3-8.  I just upgraded my Qt to 3.3.4-10.0.3.kde.
>   Seems to be acting the same with the additional requirement of using
> ALT-ENTER to navigate setup menus.  All of the bottom buttons in the
> setup menus are not visible and not positioned off the screen either
> but all of the normal operating menus are fine.  I know how to get
> around in the menus fine, its just concerns me knowing something isn't
> quite right with my system and if it could cause other issues.
>
> Is this just an issue with new versions of Qt on FC3 or is something
> configured incorrectly?
>
> Jarod's guide doesn't mention using a specific version of Qt and if you
> follow the instructions you'll get the latest version of Qt.  I
> couldn't find anything in the archives other than a few entries,
> including my own, about downgrading that were over a month old and a
> couple about a fix for time zone offset I think.
>
> Sorry if this has been asked and answered, just point me to the answer.
>   My searching skills are usually very keen, but nothing useful for this
> issue yet.
>
> Thanks,
> Vinton

I have the same problem.  I know the workaround is to downgrade Qt or use
Alt-Enter, but both of these are not propper fixes and besides I can't do
Alt-Enter on my remote and my frontend hasnt got a keyboard :-(

Anyone know when Myth will be fixed properly to work with the latest Qt
(or vice-versa I guess)?