[mythtv-users] anyone using Roku HD1000 with myth frontend ?

Mudit Wahal mwahal at gmail.com
Tue May 10 16:13:20 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm looking for opinions for using Roku HD1000 as mythtv frontend. I
think since last month, some developers have build mythtv frontend for
the HD1000.

I want to know if people have tried HD1000 and happy/unhappy with it.

I think for under $300 its a very good solution for someone looking
for cheap & quiet solution. It has onboard mpeg-2 decoder. Sure, it
wont play mpeg4(divx) etc right now. But if someone writes a mpeg4 to
mpeg2 transcoder for the backend (its also needed for haupagge media
mvp), then HD1000 is an all around solution. The cromwell motherboard
is about $300, then adding the slim case, power supply, memory, *time*
etc , the final cost is about $600. Everything else is too noisy to
put in same cabinet and still costs over $500 (p4-3ghz box with a good
motherboard , slim case, quiet power supply etc etc still costs $600).

Thanks

Mudit