[mythtv-users] MythMusic, multiple sources, different format

Benjamin Lindner ben at benlabs.de
Tue May 10 00:44:14 UTC 2005

Hi everybody,

Just wondering wether there is a tool ( maybe command line ), to scan an heterogenous file structure for audio files and attach them to the MythMusic database. It should accept some kind of rule set, therefore being able to browse intelligently through the directories.

The reason I ask for this is that I am having lots of different sources for audio files, and every subdirectory has a different format.

E.g.

/music-->complete albums ( structure: "artist - album title / track no. - track title"

      |->single songs ( structure: "artist - track title"

      |->some stuff ( structure: "some title..." )

You get the idea...

I could do the programming, but I would prefer an already existing tool/method...

I appreciate any answer/hints,

Regards,
Benjamin Linder