[mythtv-users] PVR-500 only got statics

Xiaotian Sun sun.xiaotian at gmail.com
Tue May 10 00:16:15 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have trouble to get PVR-500 to work.  And I also have trouble to
subscribe to ivtv-devel list.  My confirmation email couldn't be sent
out my gmail.

Anyways, the story is that I compiled the 0.3.4f (latest) ivtv driver
and can (almost) successfully load it by issuing a modprobe ivtv.  But
there's a compalining about "tuner type not set" in the log, though
there was an earlier log entry saying "tuner type set to 57" or
something.  So I got really confused.

Then when I try to use ptune-ui.pl and mplayer to see if the tuner and
the encoder are working, I only got statics, no matter which tuner (0
or 1) I chose, or which channel I set.  And at the same time, there
are more "tuner type not set" entries in the log.

However, I can get perfect picture from my DVD player using composit
input on the PVR-500.

I'm running a FC3 with 2.6.10-1.770 SMP kernel.

Thanks,

Xiaotian