[mythtv-users] Best O/S

Colin Smillie csmillie at gmail.com
Mon May 9 14:47:28 UTC 2005

On 5/9/05, Anil Gupte <anil-list at icinema.com> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I am a newbie at MythTV.  I want to create a stable MythTV system that I can
> actually use and forget like an appliance.  What is the best Linux version I
> should use?  By that I mean the most stable, and having the most drivers.  I
> have used Debian and Slackware in the past, although I am far from an expert.

I think Fedora is probably one of the easist to get going.  The
disadvantage is that is sort like being on a threadmill because its
continuing being updated and obsoleted.

Jarod has a great guide on Fedora setup here:

http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php

And its well supported by Axel's ATRPMs.net

Colin