[mythtv-users] No signal on TV with Audio Authority

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Fri May 6 10:41:44 UTC 2005

 	The only signal you *need* to look at is the Y (green) out of the
transcoder.  That's the one with sync and the B&W component of the video.
What you should see is a fairly small signal (0.7v for the video IIRC).
The sync should be *very* obvious.  Basically little one-cycle chunks of
square waves with the video voltage in between.  If the screen is black,
it'll be around zero.  A very crude representation (with unipolar sync
like 480i is supposed to use:)

||      ||      ||      ||      ||
||_XXXX_||_XXXX_||_XXXX_||_XXXX_||

 	The XXXX would be the arbitrary video data.  In fact, now that I
think about it, you can even hook up a composite signal to the Y input of
a component TV.  It should sync and have a B&W signal, complete with some
weird artifacts from the color signal that's there too.  Put the composite
(or component Y from a DVD player) on the 'scope to see what it should
look like.

 	Sounds to me that if you're sure you're getting 7VDC out of all
inputs, it's hosed.  Probably an easy fix inside, though... :)

-Cory