[mythtv-users] No signal on TV with Audio Authority

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Thu May 5 22:29:18 UTC 2005

	I finally had a chance to hook up the Audio Authority to a
oscilloscope and check what I am seeing.

	I am not a video signal expert so I am sharing my results here
in case someone can shed some light on whether I was doing anything
wrong.

	For the test, I connected the AA box to a Windows PC, which was
running at 800x600 75 Hz refresh rate. On the Audio Authority FAQ I
read that the 9A60 does not change the signal at all. It just passes the
horizontal and vertical sync timings and pixel content to the output.
So, even though, this might not be a HDTV-understandable signal, I
would expect that the oscilloscope would see it (on at least one of
the three outputs).

	Well, the results are that there is a voltage coming out of the
component jacks (it appears to be something in the order of 7V), there
is absolutely no modulation, it is a flat voltage and that's it.

	What did I do wrong when measuring the output? I don't think, I
should be seeing a flat voltage, right?

--
Mitko Haralanov
voidtrance at comcast dot net