[mythtv-users] Re: Remote control weirdness - Avermedia DVB-T 771

stan at stanandliz.net stan at stanandliz.net
Fri May 6 07:31:54 UTC 2005

Well, obviously no-one has this problem!

I may as well answer my own post to help anyone who has had weird ghost
keypresses on their remote controls.

My problem was fixed my rebooting the box. It seems that stopping lircd
and mythfrontend is not enough for previous settings for the remote
control to be discarded. (This is for lirc 0.7)

In short, if you have remote weirdness after changing lircrc or .lircrc
settings, reboot the box to reset any remote settings that are not going
away! Not sure why or how this is happening, but it does.

This is the first time I have had to reboot a linux box to solve a problem
-  it's a bit of an M$ solution, but it works. ;)

Stephen