[mythtv-users] prebuffering pause on live playback

Brian Webb webbbn at gmail.com
Fri May 6 02:03:58 UTC 2005

I'm currently trying to setup my first MythTV box, and I've gotten to the
point of being able to see live TV playback, but it's a little jerky and I'm
seeing "prebuffering pause" messages from the front end. My hardware is:

Via EPIA MII-6000
PVR-150
WD 120GB ATA HD

I plan to ultimately create a dedicated backend, but I wanted to see if this
setup would work first. Is this hardware capable of being a standalone unit?

I think I may have something miss configured in the frontend because the
backend shows <4% CPU usage, and the frontend shows 65%. I had some trouble
configuring X, and I think that may be the problem. I'm running in 800x600
mode, and I think I read somewhere that 720x480 is ideal for NTSC, but that
mode doesn't work. How do I tell if the hardware decoder is being used?

Any ideas about what the problem might be?

--
Brian Webb
webbbn at gmail.com