[mythtv-users] ALSA mixer

David George david at thegeorges.us
Thu May 5 21:20:03 UTC 2005

Rich Goodin wrote:

> I'm setting up Myth to use the ALSA drivers by setting "ALSA:default".
> How do I specify an ALSA mixer so I can control my volume from within
> Myth? I've tried "ALSA:default" and "ALSA:mixer" with no luck.

Wow, I can see why you didn't search the list archives.  A whopping 885
matches, it would take forever to read all of them. :-)  These are just
some of the ones that I have replied to in the past.

http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/110553?search_string=alsa%20mixer;#110553
http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/110705?search_string=alsa%20mixer;#110705
http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/115110?search_string=alsa%20mixer;#115110

Basically we already know you are using ALSA because you entered that in
the audio output device.  So the mixer is just 'default' without the quotes.

BTW, you are using the mixer to control the analog output correct?  You
may have problems if you are trying to control the volume of an S/PDIF
output (coax or optical).

--
David

HDTV frontend I'm working on (pictures, mythmon source)
  http://mythhd.info