[mythtv-users] hdtv modeline question

Xiaotian Sun sun.xiaotian at gmail.com
Thu May 5 20:14:23 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have a 42" Plasma HDTV (Vizio P42HD), with VGA (D-Sub) and DVI
inputs.  It has a native resolution of 1024x768.  For now I've been
running my display at this resolution via VGA connection.  I have got
any luck with the DVI connection.  The text messages at boot time
displays fine via DVI, but the X Window doesn't.

I also haven't got any luck to come up with a modeline that works
great for my TV.

So my question is what wrong to use the native resolution of 1024x768
and connect via VGA?  Will there be a great benefit to figure the
proper modeline?

Thanks,

Xiaotian