[mythtv-users] PVR-250 records only one channel

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu May 5 17:46:25 UTC 2005

On 5/5/05, przybyls at engr.arizona.edu <przybyls at engr.arizona.edu> wrote:
> Thanks much for all the help. I found out what it was. It's really silly.
> Let me break it down:
>
> I. I went from bt878 card to ivtv card (this is where it started.)
> 2. Had to change Television to Tuner 0 for Capture Card Settings.
> 3. Live TV works, but only one channel.
> I read the backend output and it told me it couldn't find "Television"
> 4. Have to change Television to Tuner 0 for "Video Sources"
> Problem with that is there wasn't a Tuner 0. I had to rebuild my database.
> 5. Of course after I did that, I still couldn't change channels because
> there were none to change to. I had to run mythfilldatabase after
> reconfiguring everything again. Finally, I can watch LiveTV and I'm
> changing channels. Wonderful.
>
> Much thanks for all the help,

Leo,

If you use mythtv-setup (or equivalently named program from myth
package) and choose to keep program details but discard card info, I
think this would have kept all of the other info, thus saving the
inconvenience of having to reconfigure everything else.

I'd also recommend using something like phpMyAdmin (access the myth
SQL database in a web browser) as this gives you instant access to the
DB and you can usually see where capture card things are going wrong
by checking the card and channels setups. You can also export settings
to a file to be restored after you start over with a new database
(certain issues though if you are restoring to a different version of
myth).

Glad to see you're up and running again though!

Nick