[mythtv-users] Xbox Versions

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu May 5 17:12:04 UTC 2005

Will,
   Hi. Yes, pretty much everything below is exactly what I've learned
over the last two days. I hope it helps folks in the future.

   There is one thing I will add at this point, again to help people
in the future:

**********
Cromwell-2.40 and earlier, as supplied here:

is not, I repeat NOT, compatble with an Xbox Ver. 1.6(b). If you have
a 1.6(b) do not flash a mod chip with this BIOS. You must request a
special verison of Cromwell to support this revision of the XBox or
what you flash will not work even if flashed correctly.
**********

In my case I created a 512KB image of Cromwell and correctly flashed
it to both banks. We removed the mod chip and placed it in an earlier
XBox. The mod chip booted Cromwell correctly. There was nothign wrong
with my technique of flashing the mod chip but rather Cromwell simply
doesn't work in 1.6(b) machines.

I am waiting for a new version of Cromwell to try out. I have not yet
heard back from the individual that will supposedly do this build for
me.

Cheers,
Mark