[mythtv-users] Xbox Versions

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Wed May 4 18:39:09 UTC 2005

On 5/4/05, Calvin Harrigan <charriglists at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>     I've been looking for an economical way of setting up a couple
> frontends.  I currently run a combo be/fe which has served me well for
> over a year.  I though perhaps getting a couple used XBoxes would be a
> decent route.  I've been skimming the archives and one thing that keeps
> popping up is a discussion/mention of versioning on the XBox.  What is
> the easiest version of the XBox to mod to allow it to run mythtv?  Does
> it require a hardware modification?  How do the xboxes perform
> displaying SD TV encoded at 480x480?  Any comments?  Thanks for the feed
> back.

Right now i have a 1.4 XBox modded with an X-Ecuter 2.6 mod chip.
>From what I understand you can soft mod any of the XBoxes but the
1.0-1.5 are the easiest, so you might want to pick up a used one.
Anything from before 2004 should get you a pre 1.6 XBox, and the
manufacture date is on the bottom of the xbox.

--
I probably still have a few (well, now a whole bunch) gmail invites.
Drop me a line (off list) if you'd like an account.