[mythtv-users] DVD recording sync issues with PVR 350

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu May 5 16:09:17 UTC 2005

In message <5387cd305050509007614b189 at mail.gmail.com>
        knowledgejunkie at gmail.com wrote:

> The use of ProjectX therefore may seem to be the magic, at least for
> me (it fixes streams on the fly if it finds any errors and adjusts the
> audio to compensate) as it supports both DVB MPEG2 and the MPEG2 files
> my 350 generates using the DVD Special 2 template.

ProjectX was certainly what did the trick for me.

I take DVB-T recordings and demux them with ProjectX under linux which
also allows me to edit the files to remove unwanted sections as the
demux is done.

I then use mplex to merge the streams back together into DVD compatible
streams and dvdauthor to create DVD images with those streams. The
resulting DVDs seem to play fine on my Sony DVD player.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/