[mythtv-users] Installing mythtv-xbox failing

ghuntress at comcast.net ghuntress at comcast.net
Thu May 5 15:32:34 UTC 2005

I'm trying to build a MythTV frontend on an X-box.  I thought I was seeing the light at the end of the tunnel but now I'm stuck on the very last step, installing mythtv-xbox itself.

I have a hardware modded xbox (I'll spare you the details of how I spilled conductive paste on the motherboard during the TSOP mod) that boots and runs perfectly fine including network access.  I'm following the instructions at http://bit.blkbk.com/ and I'm stuck on the actuall kickoff of the installation.  The command is:

	./install.pl -b

and absolutely nothing happens.  It doesn't return, error, open a window, or output any text whatsoever.  I let it run overnight just to see if anything would time out, but it did not.

It's probably something I overlooked.  Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Gary H.