[mythtv-users] xine causes mythtv menu selections to disappear

Paul Fielding paul at fielding.ca
Thu May 5 07:55:02 UTC 2005

I've got xine configured to do DVD and Video playback.  Works like a charm.  Except that when I exit xine and go back to the MythTV menus, select buttons have disappeared.  At first glance, it looks like the menus are fine, but anything that requires either a cursor, or some button presses have gone wonky.  For example, if you keep hitting the Back button to get to the point where you are asked if you want to exit Myth, the cursor to select Yes or No is gone, I cannot select either button.

Anyone seen this?

If I then go to Watch TV, then exit back to menus, things are back to normal. Also, if I quit and re-enter the front-end, things are back to normal.

This doesn't happen with mplayer, nor ogle.

I'd prefer to use xine for everything, I find it performs better on my system....

Knoppmyth R5A15.1
P4 3Ghz
PVR 350
Video through 350 tv out using ivtv_fb
No xvideo support, need to use -vo x11 on mplayer, etc. (xine seems to default to x11 on my system)

Any more info need, just let me know....

Paul