[mythtv-users] Playing prerecorded video fails on frontend

makalu at ansae.com makalu at ansae.com
Wed May 4 17:12:19 UTC 2005

I have a xbox frontend that worked reliably for a couple weeks. For the last
few days, however, it's failing to play recorded video. After anywhere from
a few seconds to a few minutes, playback stops and I'm returned to the media
library. When I look at the log, I see this: RemoteFile::Read() failed in
RingBuffer::safe_read(). I'm running a 100mb wired lan with a 3com switch
(not a hub) so I think the network is fast enough. I see there has been some
discussion of this error in the archives, but no clear conclusion. Does
anyone have any suggestions for fixing this?

Thanks,
Cliff Avey