RV: [mythtv-users] XBMC MythTV Frontend + Backend

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Wed May 4 14:06:11 UTC 2005

On 5/4/05, Raul Lucientes <rlr22 at tid.es> wrote:

> Thanks J for your help,
>
> But, Im looking for a whole stand-alone solution (frontend + backend) for
> the xbox platform.
>
> I only need a small backend running in the xbox, list of channels (in text
> file format, MySQL its no necessary), scheduling and recording capabilities
> (in the local or remote HDD) and I don't need any dvb card because I have my
> TV services permanently over my home network (multicast streams).

Hi Raul,

the XBox isn't capable of being a frontend/backend in it's current
state since you cannot add capture cards to it.  for this reason
you'll need to at least build a backend server.  Myth backend does
require MySQL as that's how all the program information is stored.
you may want to spend a little time reading through the archives
(google gossomer-threads mythtv) or the KnoppMyth forums
(http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/).  you can get a lot of good
information from both of these places.

rereading your post you mention that you already have digital media
being streamed over your home network.  if that's the case you may be
able to use the xbox and xbmc to store and replay it.  but you will
probably find better information at one of the xbox specific sites.
check out: http://xbox-scene.com and more recently someone on the list
here opened an xbox mythtv forum.  i don't have a link offhand though.

good luck!
andy