[mythtv-users] HDTV cards...looking to the future

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Tue May 3 23:09:27 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 02:06:51PM -0600, Robert Johnston wrote:
> And, out of interests, how will this "Broadcast flag" affect us
> Canadians (For whom the flag is not an issue). Should I still be
> stockpiling HDTV cards now?

One Canadian company, ATI, makes an HD tuner card, but last I checked
they did not have linux drivers nor, oddly, plans to sell it in Canada.

HD broadcast adoption in Canada has been slower due to the lack of the
forced mandate the FCC put through.   A year ago the only HD station
in Canada was City-HD, everything else was coming from the USA.