[mythtv-users] Follow on programs

Ben Hardill b.hardill at gmail.com
Tue May 3 22:42:41 UTC 2005

On 5/3/05, Robert Tsai <rtsai1111 at comcast.net> wrote:
> On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 10:51:37PM +0100, Ben Hardill wrote:
> > I'm having a problem where when i have 2 shows on the same channel
> > where one imediatly follows the other.  The second show is not
> > recorded because the backend says that the card is already in use.
> > The timestamp on the log entry is few seconds before the show is
> > ment to start.
>
> I have plenty of schedules where one show records immediately after
> the other and I get them both with no problems (both on the same
> channel as well as on different channels). Are you sure that the first
> show ends at 10:00pm (say) and the second begins at 10:00pm? For
> example, ABC "Alias" actually starts one minute late and ends two
> minutes "late", presumably to intentionally cause conflicts with shows
> on other network channels ...

Nah, the networks here are not playing those silly games (yet) the
scheds data is good.

> Having said that:
>
> > So with the background set i have a few questions:
> >
> > 1. Is this working as designed?
>
> Yes.
>
> > 2. Since these shows are on channels with comercials is there a way
> > to have a recording finnish early ( can i set a negative number in
> > the finnish late box)?
>
> Yes, you can enter both positive and negative numbers in the "start
> early" and "end late" boxes.
>
> > 3. Any other ideas to fix this?
>
> I don't have any other ideas.
>
> --Rob

The only other idea i've just had is clock drift between the
masterback end and the slave that actually has this capture card in.
Since they both sync to different sources (one is a timeserver out on
the net and the other is the DVB time signal). It may be time to dig
out the time server howto.

Thanks for the ok on the negtive finnish late times.

Ben