[mythtv-users] Follow on programs

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Tue May 3 22:09:02 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 10:51:37PM +0100, Ben Hardill wrote:
> I'm having a problem where when i have 2 shows on the same channel
> where one imediatly follows the other.  The second show is not
> recorded because the backend says that the card is already in use.
> The timestamp on the log entry is few seconds before the show is
> ment to start.

I have plenty of schedules where one show records immediately after
the other and I get them both with no problems (both on the same
channel as well as on different channels). Are you sure that the first
show ends at 10:00pm (say) and the second begins at 10:00pm? For
example, ABC "Alias" actually starts one minute late and ends two
minutes "late", presumably to intentionally cause conflicts with shows
on other network channels ...

Having said that:

> So with the background set i have a few questions:
>
> 1. Is this working as designed?

Yes.

> 2. Since these shows are on channels with comercials is there a way
> to have a recording finnish early ( can i set a negative number in
> the finnish late box)?

Yes, you can enter both positive and negative numbers in the "start
early" and "end late" boxes.

> 3. Any other ideas to fix this?

I don't have any other ideas.

--Rob