[mythtv-users] Burning NUV files to DVD

maestro maestro82 at gmail.com
Tue May 3 19:48:36 UTC 2005

Am Dienstag, den 03.05.2005, 11:15 -0700 schrieb Harvard Pan:
> Jim,
>
> Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that you
> will always need to use the NUV utilities to get the videos into a
> format that is playable in a dvd player. I don't believe that the PVR
> 350 itself correctly insert VOBU's where it should, and the utilities
> take care of that. The combination of nuvexport and mpeg2cut (and its
> associated utilities) work quite well. The whole process of converting
> a one-hour video from Myth to burning a DVD takes about 5 minutes for
> me. I believe that I use MPEG2-PS as the default encoding as well.
>
> Hope that helps!
> Harvard

i dont want to highjack this thread but it seems to me as if this
question is somehow related.

have a pvr250 and record pal with the dvd-special2 format with bitrates
of 4000-5000. when i watch the recordings i do insinctively mark the
pieces i don't want.
after that i run nuvexport with mpeg->mpeg (cut only) function and here
is my question:
for some recorings this works flawless (from which i can create dvd's
quite easy with dvdauthor) and for others i get

ERROR: opening A/V streams (1/0)

this error. no mpg file is written at all (complete output of nuvexport
follows at the end)
can anybody tell me what that could be?

so long
maestro

=== nuvexport output ===
Choose a function, or episode(s) to remove:  c
Where would you like to export the files to? [.]

Now encoding:  MA 2412 - Die Staatsdiener:  Untitled
Encode started:  Tue May  3 20:43:43 2005
Using mode Xvfb
Filename "/var/lib/mythtv/1_20050424201500_20050424220500.nuv"
OutFile "./MA 2412 -Die Staatsdiener.mpg"
Last GOP index 13740
Cutlist "-0 782-143730 164881-"
Finding the AV Offset to use with lvemux:0
Finding framerate:25.000
Last Frame 164880
Indexing the file with avidemux2
Cutting out commercials with avidemux2
Remultiplexing video
GOP timestamps will be rebuild
ERROR: opening A/V streams (1/0)
Cleaning up

Encode finished:  Tue May  3 21:00:40 2005
Encode lasted: 16m 57s