[mythtv-users] Burning NUV files to DVD

Harvard Pan harvardpan at gmail.com
Tue May 3 18:15:48 UTC 2005

Jim,

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that you
will always need to use the NUV utilities to get the videos into a
format that is playable in a dvd player. I don't believe that the PVR
350 itself correctly insert VOBU's where it should, and the utilities
take care of that. The combination of nuvexport and mpeg2cut (and its
associated utilities) work quite well. The whole process of converting
a one-hour video from Myth to burning a DVD takes about 5 minutes for
me. I believe that I use MPEG2-PS as the default encoding as well.

Hope that helps!
Harvard