[mythtv-users] Burning NUV files to DVD

astroguy67 at comcast.net astroguy67 at comcast.net
Tue May 3 17:58:05 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have just installed MythTV 0.18 on a FC3 box with a Hauppauge PVR350 card.  I have been capturing video using the default encoding of MPEG2-PS.  There are a couple of DVD encoding options.  My question is this, does switching to one of the DVD codecs allow me to copy files to DVD that are directly playable?  If instad of a direct copy, I want to author a DVD with captured video, what format should it be captured with before I try to convert it using one of the NUV utilities?

Thanks,

-jim mckay