[mythtv-users] Media MVP in the UK

dave at theansells.com dave at theansells.com
Tue May 3 11:11:03 UTC 2005

Hi,
    I am interested in using a Hauppage Media MVP as a frontend for
viewing streams from DVB-T based myth backend.   A couple of
questions:

   (1)  Can anyone confirm it is possible to view DVB-T streams recorded
as TS?   (I understand they are mpeg2 but have a .nuv extension.)

   (2)   I have seen on this list there are two types of MVP available and
the one "with the yellow dot" is the correct one to get.  However the
UK Hauppage site doesn't show this model, neither do most of the UK
vendors.  Can anyone explain the exact model needed in the UK?
(Hauppage do seem to have a habit of changing what is inside the box
and calling it the same name, eg Nova-T!)

Thanks,
Dave