[mythtv-users] Re: mythbrowser 0.18

Paul mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Mon May 2 16:30:37 UTC 2005

>I successfully compiled mythbrowser 0.18 on SuSE 9.0, but it just
>segfaults when I run it on the command line. In mythfrontend, it does
>nothing when you select a link. Anyone have any ideas or able to get
>this to work? Also, even though the mythtv.org site mentions
>--enable-mythbrowser from the plugins configure script, it's not
>actually there when you run ./configure --help. I had to go into the
>subdirectory and build it manually.

>Thanks for any insight....

>-Khanh

How are you calling it?

If you run it from the command line you need to supply at least one
parameter supplying a url like :

$ mythbrowser http://www.mythtv.org

or else it does seg fault.

There has been a fix committed to cvs recently that adds the missing
mythbrowser
configure script options.

A few people seem to be having problems with mythbrowser but nobody
has supplied any useful information to debug the problem. I have tried both
packaged 0.18 and latest cvs and both work fine for me on Fedora Core 3.

Paul