[mythtv-users] XBOX - remotes

a M vbtalent at hotmail.com
Mon May 2 11:18:46 UTC 2005

I'm looking for some specifics on using a remote with my Xbox Myth frontend.
I'm running Xebian as the distro on my Xbox frontend and FC3 as the backend.

Can I use my Hauppauge silver remote with my Xbox? Would I just need a USB
type IR reciever? any recommendations on that setup?

Does the Microsoft Media center remote work as an option? I haven't seen a
definite answer to that on the list?

I read a post not to long ago on the list that a user was using a wireless
keyboard and using his remote to communicate through the wireless keyboard,
is this a viable option? How does this work? What models are working?

What are people using? The Xbox DVD remote? I've read it's missing quite a
few buttons, is that true? Is it the best I can do?

I need some advice and suggestions.... Thanks for any help that can be
given.

AJM,