[mythtv-users] Errors building MythTV on SuSE 9.2 Pro

flim flim at talktalk.net
Mon May 2 11:15:47 UTC 2005

When doing a ./configure on my SuSE 9.2 Pro system, I get the following
bunch of errors just before it quits:

In file included from audiooutput.cpp:11:
audiooutputdx.h:10:21: windows.h: No such file or directory
audiooutputdx.h:12:20: dsound.h: No such file or directory
In file included from audiooutput.cpp:11:
audiooutputdx.h:44: error: 'HINSTANCE' is used as a type, but is not
defined asa type.
audiooutputdx.h:45: error: 'LPDIRECTSOUND' is used as a type, but is not
defined as a type.
audiooutputdx.h:46: error: 'LPDIRECTSOUNDBUFFER' is used as a type, but is
not defined as a type.
audiooutputdx.h:49: error: 'LPDIRECTSOUNDNOTIFY' is used as a type, but is
not defined as a type.
audiooutputdx.h:50: error: syntax error before `[' token
audiooutputdx.h:52: error: 'DWORD' is used as a type, but is not defined
as a type.
audiooutputdx.h:53: error: 'DWORD' is used as a type, but is not defined
as a type.
audiooutput.cpp: In static member function `static AudioOutput*
AudioOutput::OpenAudio(QString, int, int, int, AudioOutputSource, bool)':
audiooutput.cpp:74: error: cannot allocate an object of type
`AudioOutputDX'
audiooutput.cpp:74: error:   because the following virtual functions are
abstract:
audiooutputbase.h:66: error:    virtual bool AudioOutputBase::OpenDevice()
audiooutputbase.h:67: error:    virtual void AudioOutputBase::CloseDevice()
audiooutputbase.h:68: error:    virtual void
AudioOutputBase::WriteAudio(unsigned char*, int)
audiooutputbase.h:69: error:    virtual int
AudioOutputBase::getSpaceOnSoundcard()
audiooutputbase.h:70: error:    virtual int
AudioOutputBase::getBufferedOnSoundcard()
distcc[13386] ERROR: compile on localhost failed
make[2]: *** [audiooutput.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/local/share/Apps/mythtv-0.18/libs/libmyth'
make[1]: *** [sub-libmyth] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/local/share/Apps/mythtv-0.18/libs'
make: *** [sub-libs] Error 2

I'm afraid I have no clue about these things, so it's proably something
really simple, but I'm lost.  Any help of any kind would be much
appreciated.

Cheers,

flim.

--