[mythtv-users] large white, flickering rectangle?

Andreas Weder andreas.weder at hispeed.ch
Mon May 2 08:15:07 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to locate a problem in my current setup and was wondering,
what mythtv uses to display the TV image. Is it using mplayer or some
app from the nuppel-suite?

The lower 7/8th of my screen show a flickering white area, and I have
drawing problems in other apps, too, while watching TV: the TV image
is drawn repeatedly in small scale e.g. over the toolbar of Firefox,
when I move its window and mythfrontend is running in the background
(I switch to Firefox using Alt-TAB).

The problem is there when mythfrontend/backend is running, I can also
observe it with mplayer then. As soon as I shutdown myth and restart
mplayer, mplayer shows the image perfectly fine (no white rectangle).

I'm using mythtv 0.18 with ivtv-0.2.0_rc3j on a P4 2.4 GHz containing
a PVR-350 and running an up-to-date version of gentoo Linux.

Thanks for any hint
Andreas