[mythtv-users] Re: Transcoding and other questions

emory emory.commerce at gmail.com
Sun May 1 22:51:56 UTC 2005

That's actually a good question.  For me, for a given program, whether
myth skips commercials during playback is kind of random. Sometimes it
will skip all the commercials, sometimes it doesn't.  This is with the
"Automatically skip all commercials" option checked. The commercials
are being flagged correctly because when I type "E" during playback to
bring up the edit controls and "Z" to mark the commercials as
cutpoints, the commercials appear correctly.  If I type "E" again to
resume playback, then the commercials are skipped properly.  So in the
end, it's not a big deal (E-Z-E) to get commercial skipping working if
they werne't before, but it is weird that I sometimes have to do this.

this is for Myth 0.17 on FC2, by the way.

- e