[mythtv-users] What is "native LIRC"?

Sim simon.hampton at freebel.net
Sun May 1 05:27:03 UTC 2005

I've seen many references to this and note that often it seems to involve no
more than linking one's lircrc file to the mythtv directory.  So what it is
"native lirc" actually doing; what are the advantages; disadvantages;
consequences etc...

All of the mythtv documentation seems to skip this rather fundamental point
and seems to assume you know the difference to ordinary lirc support, which I
sortof have running for my Leadtek TV2000XP Deluxe remote (although I've
still got to integrate something to control xine)

Sim