[mythtv-users] Trouble installing MythTV

Jeremy DeStefano JDeStefano at ridgesupport.com
Thu Mar 31 20:23:48 UTC 2005

Please try to forgive my ignorance.  I'm relatively new to Linux (I took
several courses a few years ago) and I'm trying to get MythTV installed.
I'm running Fedora Core 3, latest kernel, according to Fedora's update
program.

I've been following the HOWTO from Wilsonet.com.  I've got a PVR-350 and a
WinTV model 401 in the machine.  Its running an old NVIDIA TNT Vanta for a
video card.  Fedora seems to be recognizing both units, but /dev/videox
isn't being setup for each one.  I've used apt-get to install ivtv and bttv,
but when I try to run /sbin/modprobe ivtv-fb, it gets a FATAL error and says
the modules aren't loaded.

Can anyone offer any advice?  If you need more info about anything, let me
know.

Jeremy DeStefano (MCP)
Ridge Support Technologies
A Division of PC Solutions, Inc.
Jdestefano at RidgeSupport.com <mailto:Jdestefano at RidgeSupport.com>