[mythtv-users] How do you "tune" subchannels in QAM?

Adam Gianola devils.taco at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 18:26:04 UTC 2005

I think quite a few of us working with the hd3000 are having the same
problem and are looking for solutions.  I've posted both here and in
the hd3000 forum but it seems like no one has been able to find a
solution to this problem yet.  I haven't posted to myth-dev yet, but
maybe thats the place where we may find someone who knows the answer
to our question, as i think it is a problem with how mythtvsetup is
handling the hd3000-dvb.  For example,  when i run dvbscan -cvvv no
channel information is given, but i've seen examples with OTA ATSC
streams where channel information is explicitly supplied in the
stream. Mythtv may be looking for this and since it doesn't come
through, myth assumes the channels are 'unable to tune'.

-Adam

for reference:
http://www.xmission.com/~pchdtv/forum/viewtopic.php?t=639
http://www.xmission.com/~pchdtv/forum/viewtopic.php?t=634