[mythtv-users] [Slightly OT] Via EPIA, Unichrome, TV-out: Interlacing?

Stutty stutty at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 18:21:59 UTC 2005

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 18:10:10 -0800 (PST), Michael Carland
<mcarland at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >Go into
> >'Setup - TV Settings - Playback' and check 'Deinterlace playback' then
> >select 'Bob (2x framerate)' from the dropdown menu.

> --- Jon Whitear <jon at whitear.org> wrote:
> > I have a Via EPIA M10K front end with Unichrome drivers, using xvmc VLD.
> >
> > In live TV, fast horizontal pans (e.g. Simpsons opening sequence) are a
> > blur, which I take to mean that some form of de-interlacing is taking
> > place.
> > I don't have any interlacing configured in mythfrontend.

This worked great for removing the motion blur from liveTv and
recordings, but I've just noticed it won't play transcoded files - I
get a mainly green picture, and loads of   A/V sync messages.

(Basically won't play any non-interlaced video, e.g. run 'mythtv
DVD_RIP.mpg' and get the same result).

Using another deinterlace method does work - but it uses a lot more
CPU, and the picture does not seem as sharp.

Any ideas how to resolve this?