[mythtv-users] MYthTV replacement for Intercom?

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 14:40:06 UTC 2005

> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:22:12 -0500, PAUL WILLIAMSON
> <pwilliamson at mandtbank.com> wrote:
> > I'm an open book at this point.  I know I need:
> >
> > USB Camera
> > Microphone
> > Speakers (thinking of in wall or in-ceiling kind)
> > ~15 or 17 inch monitor
> > PC
> > Wireless keyboard
> > Programmable remote
> >
> > With this setup, I figure I can give the residents
> > of each room a full featured PC for browsing,
> > watching TV, potential (video) phone, room to
> > room calling, access to all the typical mythtv
> > functionality, etc.

are these going to be inwall units replacing your existing intercom?
or are you going to just have stand alone systems in each room?  i
wonder if you could get a bulk order on some of the nano epia boards
and small touchscreen lcds..?  maybe you could even fit the entire
unit in the original opening. :)