[mythtv-users] RE: Filling mythbackend

Morten Rønseth morten.ronseth at webfx.no
Tue Mar 29 12:35:52 UTC 2005

Hi Dan,

The first thing I tried was "mythfilldatabase --configure". It gave me
"illegal option: '--configure' (use --help)" so I tried running
"tv_grab_no --configure" instead, which generated the proper
"~/.xmltv/tv_grab_no.conf" file. Then I ran "tv_grab_no --output
~/.mythtv/Channels.xmltv" to get the channel listing, but when running
mythfilldatabase after the command finished, it complained about the
file being in the wrong format :-(
So there I am.

Thanks anyway.

Cheers,

-Morten

Daniel Howell wrote:

>>Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:06:07 +0200
>>From: Morten Rønseth <morten.ronseth at webfx.no>
>>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm trying to fill the myth database, but when I run "mythfilldatabase"
>>I get the following output:
>>

>>    config file /home/admin/.mythtv/Channels.xmltv does not exist, run
>>    me with --configure
>>

>>Now, if I run "tv_grab_no --configure" I successfully build the
>>".xmltv/tv_grab_no.conf" file, but that doesn't seem to affect
>>"/home/admin/.mythtv/Channels.xmltv" which of course still does not exist.
>>
>>Can anybody tell me how this is supposed to work?
>>

>Personally I got it working by running "mythfilldatabase --configure", not
>tv_grab directly, but I'm not sure whether that amounts to the same thing.
>
>"Channels.xmltv" implies that, in your mythtvsetup program, you specified
>the DVB source as "Channels" - mine, for example, I set up as "Terrestrial
>TV" and therefore I get a "Terrestrial TV.xmltv" in the .mythtv
>subdirectory.
>
>Maybe by running tv_grab_no directly instead of via mythfilldatabase, it
>didn't pull the right filename from the mythtv configuration?
>
>I'm guestimating, of course ;]
>
>Cheers,
>Dan

WEB-fx
Morten Lerskau Rønseth           http://www.webfx.no
Odinsvei 15c                     mailto:morten at webfx.no
1413 Tårnåsen                    Tlf.: (47) 6680 9191
Norway                           Mob : (47) 9343 4357