[mythtv-users] RE: Filling mythbackend

Daniel Howell howelld at brumster.com
Tue Mar 29 12:56:49 UTC 2005

> Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:06:07 +0200
> From: Morten Rønseth <morten.ronseth at webfx.no>

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to fill the myth database, but when I run "mythfilldatabase"
> I get the following output:
>

>     config file /home/admin/.mythtv/Channels.xmltv does not exist, run
>     me with --configure
>

> Now, if I run "tv_grab_no --configure" I successfully build the
> ".xmltv/tv_grab_no.conf" file, but that doesn't seem to affect
> "/home/admin/.mythtv/Channels.xmltv" which of course still does not exist.
>
> Can anybody tell me how this is supposed to work?

Personally I got it working by running "mythfilldatabase --configure", not
tv_grab directly, but I'm not sure whether that amounts to the same thing.

"Channels.xmltv" implies that, in your mythtvsetup program, you specified
the DVB source as "Channels" - mine, for example, I set up as "Terrestrial
TV" and therefore I get a "Terrestrial TV.xmltv" in the .mythtv
subdirectory.

Maybe by running tv_grab_no directly instead of via mythfilldatabase, it
didn't pull the right filename from the mythtv configuration?

I'm guestimating, of course ;]

Cheers,
Dan