[mythtv-users] Re: How well does commercial detection work?

SpikeyGG spikeygg at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 28 16:54:45 UTC 2005

All,

Thank you for all your responses!

  I am using a pcHDTV HD-3000 card, decoding digital OTA HD and SD broadcasts and MythTV from CVS about a couple weeks old.  I just recorded "The Simpsons" last night and I had switched it to the "All" method of finding commercial breaks.  When it was done finding commercials it only found ONE break at the very beginning and the exit marker was again like 20+ seconds off.  I went into the "Recorded Shows", selected the same recording and reran the commercial detection but when it was done it still only found the one break right at the start.

  Does anyone know why this would be so off for me?  It sounds like the rest of you have very good success with commercial detection.  I'm going to try checking out a clean CVS today and recompiling the whole thing to see if I can get it working better.  Other than that I'm stumped!  All the shows I have recorded (Simpsons, American Idol, Saturday Night Live, The Smurfs) have all had issues with getting an acurate break, they are all at least 20 seconds off the target.

Thanks,
-Greg