[mythtv-users] Re: [Slightly-OT] Nova-T

Dave Ansell dave at theansells.com
Mon Mar 28 11:19:05 UTC 2005

Richard,

   By "the scan tool" do you mean  dvbscan?

   When I first tested my card I used dvbscan (which is part of the linuxtv
drivers) to test that scanning was working and to give me a list of the
channel data (I was using Myth 0.16 at the time and it didnt have scan
itself).

   I have found that in MythTV 0.17 you seem need to enter some valid
channel data to get the scan started, so it is still useful data to have.

My notes from the time are below.  You will need to replace uk-Rowridge with
the appropriate transmitter in your area.

Download latest dvb apps from cvs:

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv login
<enter> as password
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv co dvb-apps

cd dvb-apps
make
(possible compile problem, but doesn't affect scan and tzap)

cd util/scan

./dvbscan dvb-t/uk-Rowridge | tee channels.conf
(should find loads of channels)
(possible WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0010)

mkdir /root/.tzap
mkdir /home/mythtv/.tzap
cp mychannels.conf /root/.tzap/channels.conf
ln -s /root/.tzap/channels.conf /home/mythtv/.tzap/channels.conf

( channels.conf gives you the data to set channels and/or transports
manually in mythtv if necessary later)

Now test the card can lock....

cd ..
cd szap
./tzap "BBC ONE"

should repeat:
status 1f | signal 0033 | snr ffff | ber 00000000 | unc 00000100 |
FE_HAS_LOCK