[mythtv-users] Frontend slave mode - duplicating a "master" frontend

Mark Hindess mythtv-users at beanz.uklinux.net
Sun Mar 27 13:30:24 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'd quite like to be able to set up a mythtv frontend in my kitchen.
Most of the time, I'd like it to be as independent as my other
frontends.  But I'd also like to be able to operate it in a "slave"
mode, where it can show whatever is "showing" on my "master" living
room frontend.  I'm mostly thinking about watching live tv and watching
recordings - rather than mythvideo.  So that you could walk between the
two rooms and carry on watching the same show.

Is this ever likely to be possible with mythtv?  (Obviously there will
be synchronisation issues, but I think I can live with a certain amount
of that.)

Regards,
 Mark.