[mythtv-users] Re: filled up disk - had to restart backend & reload ivtv driver

jerome lacoste jerome.lacoste at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 10:09:24 UTC 2005

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 14:56:09 +0200, jerome lacoste
<jerome.lacoste at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's not a critical problem as it won't happen often.
>
> I filled up my hard disk while watching Live TV. After I made some
> space again, I had to restart the backend and reload the driver
> otherwise a black screen was displayed. Restarting the front end
> didn't help.
>
> Not sure if the problem lies in ivtv or mythtv.
>
> backend log had: no space left on device
> syslog had: ivtv: ENC IRC OVERFLOW: #47407 Stealing a Buffer, 1025
> currently allocate
>
> MythTV 0.17
> ivtv 0.3.2l

I've filled my disk again today, and this time, I've had a hard time
cleaning up the mess.

This time I was recording something not watching Live TV.

The ENC IRC OVERFLOW where being displayed continuously on the
console. I couldn't see what I was typing as the screen was flooded. I
couldn't log remotely onto the box, not sure why.

I had to kill the backend, restart the frontend and rmmod ivtv.

Then the box went nuts, keyboard was blinking, no control anymore on
the box. After rebooting nothing particular in the logs (e.g. oops). I
have kdb on, but nothing showed on the screen. Not sure what went
wrong.

(I hadn't rebooted the machine since the first disk filling that I had
managed to recover from.)