[mythtv-users] Mostly OT: Pundit PSU fan died

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Fri Mar 25 19:55:46 UTC 2005

Nick wrote:
> Very sorry to hear that. Was yours a Pundit or Pundit-R system? Did
> you have lm_sensors running at the time? Were both the CPU and PSU
> afffected or just the CPU?

It was just the PSU fan on a Pundit AB-P 2600 system.   The PSU is a
Hipro 200W unit.  The 80x20mm fan has only two leads, so I don't think
it has any sort of monitoring capabilities.  I tried lm_sensors at some
point, but upon loading the module, the CPU fan goes to high speed
(negating any benefit of Q-fan).   So I scrapped that idea.   I'm not
sure if any PSU temperature info would have been available to lm_sensors
in the first place, though.

CPU fan is fine.   I've currently got a full size PSU hooked up to it.
Everything works fine.   It just looks ugly now, 'cause the PSU is
outside of the case!   :)

-WD