[mythtv-users] Re: SAA7134 controlling card problem

Justin Gombos mindfuq at fairfieldi.com
Fri Mar 25 15:35:18 UTC 2005

* Craig Thomas <craigdt-mh at charter.net> [2005-03-25 10:06]:

> I have no /dev/video0.

What exactly do you mean by that?  If you do an 'ls /dev/video0' is it
non-existent?  If you're saying its there's no information coming from
the port, that's not a problem.. it's supposed to be that way (at this
stage of development).

If you're saying that the device file is non-existent, then you need
to create it.  I remember reading in a forum somewhere how to create
the /dev/video0 device file, but I can't recall the command.  It's
just a one liner.

I hope that at least steers you to the next step.  I'm not using Red
Hat, so I didn't have that problem with my AverMedia card.