[mythtv-users] Problems adding second capture card to mythtv

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Fri Mar 25 04:02:01 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 22:42, Nick wrote:

> As long as there are inputs defined for the card and they are attached
> to the input(s) this should be OK. (Check this thread for more details
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/54074) However, if
> you can afford to remove the capture card settings altogether and the
> redefine both cards it may help  if there is a DB problem.
>
> Are you able to cat both /dev/video0 and /dev/video1 into an mpg or
> directly into mplayer from the command line as per Jarod's guide? If
> not, the problems are at a lower level than a problem with myth and
> need to be sorted before myth can be fixed. (These could be udev or
> modules.conf related to the ivtv driver options)

I tried a couple of times using mythtvsetup, removing all capture cards
and redefining them.  Had to do that a couple of times before I was able
to get video0 and video1 selected.

I did run the dd test and was able to capture video using both devices
so the low level stuff seems to work.

The error log entries makes me believe there is still a setting
somewhere that has video0 for both devices.

I will try removing and redefining both capture cards again just to make
sure.

Well I just tried it again for at least the fourth or fifth time.  This
time it appears that it is able to record on both cards.  Confirmed this
using the pip and starting recording on two different channels.

I think the problem has resolved itself.  Not sure exactly how or why.

Thanks for the help.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

You will be given a post of trust and responsibility.