[mythtv-users] Commercial Flagging Problem?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Mar 23 16:46:09 UTC 2005

> Having some issues where commercial flagging doesn't seem to be
> working.  Myth indicates that the recording has been flagged, but
> auto-skipping doesn't actually skip anything.  I'd chalk it up to
> unsuccessful flagging, but I've seen some errors coming out of the
> backend - specifically 'can't open file "recordedmarkup.MYI" (errno
> 145)' - so I'm wondering if something has gone broke and if it can be
> fixed, or if it's just bad luck and other recording will be flagged
> appropriately.

the .MYI file is the table index, and likely needs to be repaired.  Grab
and run this on your mythtv system:

http://forevermore.net/files/mythtv_misc/optimize_mythdb.pl.txt

Heck, you could even cron it if you want to save a little space here and
there in your database.

However, if you see "skipped" in the report, then something is wrong and
you have a more serious problem.

-Chris