[mythtv-users] OT: 160 gig WD - $40

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Tue Mar 22 19:29:37 UTC 2005

On Monday 21 March 2005 02:02, Jeff Simpson wrote:
> that sounds like a famously bad idea to me...
>

> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:54:26 -0400, Jonathan Markevich
>
> <mythtv at jonandtina.net> wrote:
> > >
> > >LVM is beautiful thing as well ;)
> >
> > Which reminds me, has anyone tried to span a LVM volume to include an
> > external USB 2.0 drive?

Can't speak for all distros, but on mine (SuSE) the cold/hotplug stuff isn't
init'd until after the mounting of the system partitions. So, even if you
decided to ignore the previous poster (who's absolutely right), you'd
probably have to hack the hell out of the start up scripts so that the USB/FW
drive was available at the time of mounting.
--
Steve Boddy