[mythtv-users] OT: 160 gig WD - $40

Ron Johnson ron.l.johnson at cox.net
Mon Mar 21 05:25:36 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 21:02 -0500, Jeff Simpson wrote:
> that sounds like a famously bad idea to me...

Might work with firewire drives, though, since the transfer rate
is higher.

Would *not* want to combine internal with external drives, though,
in LVM.

> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:54:26 -0400, Jonathan Markevich
> <mythtv at jonandtina.net> wrote:

> > >LVM is beautiful thing as well ;)
> > >

> > Which reminds me, has anyone tried to span a LVM volume to include an
> > external USB 2.0 drive?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

Some former UNSCOM officials are alarmed, however. Terry Taylor,
a British senior UNSCOM inspector from 1993 to 1997, says the
figure of 95 percent disarmament is "complete nonsense because
inspectors never learned what 100 percent was. UNSCOM found a
great deal and destroyed a great deal, but we knew [Iraq's] work
was continuing while we were there, and I'm sure it continues,"
says Mr. Taylor, now head of the Washington
http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/0829/p01s03-wosc.html